The www.HatfieldDogClub.org.uk Website has been designed so as to be as accessible as possible.
With this in mind it has been produced according to 'Conformance Level A' (Priority 1) of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0:
- The majority of font sizes are relative, compatible with user-specified "text-size" option in Web Browsers. Users may increase or decrease text sizes on most browsers using text or font size options found on the "View" menu.
- For people who are colour blind or visually impaired, conveying information through colour alone has been avoided. The user has the option of choosing a colour by name if he or she is not able to see the colours, and links will be determined by using icons or underlining of the text link.
- Wherever possible pages have been designed so that the user does not have to wait for all the images on the page to finish loading before he or she can start reading information on the page.
- For users using non-graphical browsers, textual descriptions are included for all images that convey useful information, but decorative images can be omitted so as to access relevant information on the page as soon as possible.
- Wherever possible pages have been designed so that the content makes sense when read by a screen-reader. The user should be able to move through the content and tab through form fields in a logical way.